On Midnight Beach
- Author Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick
- Narrator Alana Kerr Collins
- Publisher Dreamscape Media
- Run Time 6 hours and 12 minutes
- Format Audio
- Genre Children’s / Teenage fiction: General fiction, Children’s / Teenage fiction: Historical fiction, Children’s / Teenage fiction: Relationship stories – Romance, love or friendship, Children’s / Teenage general interest: Discovery and exploration.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
When a dolphin takes up residence in Carrig Cove, Emer and her best friend, Fee, feel like they have an instant connection with it. Then Dog Cullen and his sidekick, Kit, turn up, and the four friends begin to sneak out at midnight to go down to the beach, daring each other to swim closer and closer to the creature… But the fame and fortune the dolphin brings to their small village builds resentment amongst their neighbours across the bay. As the summer days get longer and hotter, something wild and intense simmers in the air. Love feels fierce, old hatreds fester, and suddenly everything feels worth fighting for.