As of: 16 February 2020
We know how important it is for users to understand what and how information about them is used and shared. Every user matters to us and we appreciate the trust you place in us to handle your personal information carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process personal information through xigxag websites, services, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together 'xigxag services'span>
Table of Contents
- Controllers of Personal Information
- Personal Information collected
- The purpose of processing personal information
- Sharing personal user information
- Security of Personal Information
- Third-party advertisers and links to other websites
- Information accessible to users
- Choices for users
- Maintaining personal information
- Contacts, Notices & Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Can Access
- Cookies Notice
- Interest-based Advertising Notice
Controllers of personal information
xigxag Limited are data controllers of personal information collected and processed through xigxag services.
Personal information collected
- We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to xigxag services. See "examples of information collected" below to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain of the xigxag services.
- Automatic Information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use xigxag services, such as information about your use and your interaction with content and services available through xigxag services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses xigxag services and other content served by or on behalf of xigxag Limited on other websites. See "Cookie Notice" below for more information.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources. See "examples of information collected" below to see examples of information we receive.
xigxag Limited process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the xigxag services that we offer to our users. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve xigxag Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of xigxag Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend content, features, products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with xigxag services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to xigxag Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based advertisements for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, xigxag Limited, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
Information about our users is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our users' personal information to others. xigxag Limited shares users' personal information only as described below.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing user service. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that xigxag Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of xigxag Limited and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of xigxag Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Security of Personal Information
- We design our systems and devices with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal user information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer. Click on the Settings menu on the top right of any page, then click "Account" and "Sign Out" span>
Third-party advertisers and links to other websites
xigxag services may include links to other websites and apps, which may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. To learn more, see our Interest-based Advertising Notice below.
Information accessible to users
You can access your information, including your name, membership information, and reading history on the "Account" page of the xigxag app.
Choices for users
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the xigxag services.
- You can add or update certain information on your "Account" page. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail communication from us, please adjust your Email Preferences under "Your Account" " > "Email Preferences" If you don't want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- If you don't want us to use your personal information to deliver interest-based ads to you, please refer to guidance in our Interest-based Ads Notice below.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
xigxag Limited doesn't sell products for purchase by children. We do sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you're under 18, you may use xigxag services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Maintaining personal information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of xigxag services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases, re-download your content, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at xigxag Limited or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer for the above mentioned data controllers can be contacted at email@example.com. You can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently for changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
Examples of Information Collected
Information you Give Us When You Use xigxag services
- You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services;
- place an order through xigxag services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application; download or use an application on a device;
- provide information on your "Account" page (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with xigxag services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload images, videos or other files to xigxag services;
- add items to your Bookshelf;
- participate in community features, like providing reviews and ratings.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name, address and phone number; IP address; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom you've sent recommendations, content of reviews and e-mails to us; credit history information; VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- computer, device, and connection information such as device application or browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, playback details, listening behaviour like start and stop points, listening duration, reading behaviour and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- xigxag service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application);
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other users to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- phone numbers used to call our user service number.
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information from other sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- account information, purchase or redemption information, page-view and clicks information, or other information about your interactions with businesses with which we operate co-branded offerings, who assist us in our targeted marketing, or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising, or other services;
- search results and links, including paid listings; and
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through xigxag services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications, and personalised advertising preferences);
- payment settings (including payment card information and gift membership balances);
- e-mail notification settings;
- recommendations and the products you have purchased or added to your Bookshelf or Quotebook that are the basis for recommendations;
- your Bookshelf and purchased content;
- content that you recently listened to; and
- Your Account page (including any Reviews and ratings).
As of: 16 February 2020
A cookie is a small digital file that is automatically downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what's in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you as an xigxag member and provide other customised features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to receive marketing emails. You may set your preferences through your email preferences page.
- Keeping track of items stored in your Bookshelf.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve xigxag's content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
xigxag cookies allow you to take advantage of some of xigxag's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to download items, save to your Bookshelf, or use any xigxag products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Interest-based Ads Notice
As of: 16 February 2020
What are interest-based ads?
How do xigxag's advertising partners use my data?
How third party advertising partners manage your data is not covered by our Privacy Notice, Cookies notice or this Interest-based Ads Notice. Please contact them directly for more information about how they manage your data.
How can I opt-out of receiving interest-based ads?
You can obtain further information on interest-based ads, and opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who follow the IAB Europe's Framework for Online Behavioural Advertising, by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/. If you opt-out of receiving interest-based ads, you may still see xigxag ads online, but they will not be personalised based on your online behaviour.
Also, as described in our Cookies Notice, you may modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether.