- Author Sarah Ockwell-Smith
- Narrator Sarah Ockwell-Smith
- Publisher Little, Brown Book Group
- Run Time 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Format Audio
- Genre Age groups: adolescents, Children’s / Teenage personal and social topics: Truancy and school problems, Children’s health, Family and health, Parenting: advice and issues, Relationships and families: advice and issues, Self-help, personal development and practical advice, Teenagers: advice for parents.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
‘Full of practical parenting advice that will give you the tools to guide your child through this time’ Daily Express
Raising a tween can often leave you feeling like a parenting beginner all over again. Children in the ‘between’ stage seem to change almost daily, leaving many parents struggling to understand the child they once thought they knew so well. In Between, parenting expert and mother of four Sarah Ockwell-Smith uses a unique blend of the biology, psychology and sociology of adolescence as the basis for practical parenting advice that you can use to help your child through the transition from childhood to adulthood.
It explores key issues, including:
*Why tweens can often be moody, rude, lazy and impulsive – and how to cope with their behaviour
*What exactly happens during puberty – and when and how to talk to your tween about it
* How to navigate friendships and romantic relationships in the tween years
*How to encourage good mental health and body image
*Managing screen time and avoiding common pitfalls
*Supporting the transition to secondary school
Between also offers advice on coping with your own feelings as your child moves through this busy developmental period, and how to let go and give them wings to fly. The tween years can be a difficult period for parent and child alike, but your openness and support is key to building the relationship that you will have with your child for the rest of their life. Between is the handbook that will guide you across the bridge from childhood into adolescence, together with your child.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to get tailored content recommendations, product updates and info on new releases. Your data is your own: we commit to protect your data and respect your privacy.