Danny Chung Does Not Do Maths
- Author Maisie Chan, illustrated by Illustrated by Anh Cao
- Narrator Eric Mok
- Publisher Bonnier Publishing Fiction
- Run Time 4 hours and 44 minutes
- Format x-book®
- Genre Children’s / Teenage fiction: Family and home stories, Children’s / Teenage general interest: Art and artists, Educational: Mathematics, science and technology, general.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
* WINNER OF THE JHALAK CHILDREN’S AND YOUNG ADULT PRIZE 2022
* SHORTLISTED FOR THE BLUE PETER BOOK AWARDS 2022
Eleven-year-old Danny Chung loves drawing more than anything – certainly more than maths, which, according to his dad and everyone else, is what he is ‘supposed’ to be good at. He also loves having his own room where he can draw in peace, so his life is turned upside down when a surprise that he’s been promised turns out to be his little, wrinkly, ex-maths-champion grandmother from China. What’s worse, Nai Nai has to share his room, AND she takes the top bunk!
Nai Nai can’t speak a word of English, which doesn’t make things easy for Danny when he is charged with looking after her during his school holidays. Babysitting Nai Nai is NOT what he wants to be doing!
Before long though it becomes clear to Danny that there is more to Nai Nai than meets the eye, and that they have more in common that he thought possible …
‘DANNY CHUNG DOES NOT DO MATHS is both heart-warming and hilarious, filled with characters you’ll instantly love’ – Jamie Smart, author and illustrator of BUNNY VS MONKEY