Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, 2nd Edition
- Author David Veale and Rob Willson
- Narrator Robbie Stevens, Stephen Perring, Susan Osman
- Publisher Little, Brown Book Group
- Run Time 12 hours and 9 minutes
- Format Audio
- Genre Clinical psychology, Coping with mental health issues, Psychiatric and mental disorders, Self-help, personal development and practical advice.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
Break free from unhelpful rituals and take control of your life
‘Clear, practical, focused and useful… extremely helpful both for those who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and those who care for them’
Paul Salkovkis, University of Bath
Are you plagued by a recurring thought or idea that just won’t go away, or feel the need to wash your hands repeatedly, to hoard things, or to repeatedly check all appliances in the house have been turned off before you leave? These are common symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), a condition that causes distress to hundreds of thousands of people.
Using methods based on real clinical practice and proven cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques, this revised and updated edition teaches you:
· How to face fears and avoided situations
· How to control disturbing thoughts, images and urges
· Strategies to break free from the destructive cycle of obsessive behaviour
Overcoming self-help guides use clinically proven techniques to treat long-standing and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical.
This book is recommended by the national Reading Well Books on Prescription scheme for England delivered by The Reading Agency and the Society of Chief Librarians with funding from Arts Council England and Wellcome.
Series editor: Professor Peter Cooper
‘Clear, practical, focused and useful… extremely helpful both for those who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and those who care for them’ Paul Salkovkis, University of Bath
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to get tailored content recommendations, product updates and info on new releases. Your data is your own: we commit to protect your data and respect your privacy.