The Mind Medic
- Author Dr Sarah Vohra
- Narrator Dr Sarah Vohra
- Publisher Penguin Books Ltd
- Run Time 5 hours and 31 minutes
- Format Audio
- Genre Assertiveness, motivation, self-esteem and positive mental attitude, Cognitive behavioural therapy, Coping with anxiety and phobias, Coping with depression and other mood disorders, Coping with mental health issues, Coping with stress, Lifestyle and personal style guides, Mind, body, spirit: meditation and visualization, Mind, body, spirit: thought and practice, Popular medicine and health, Popular psychology, Self-help, personal development and practical advice.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
Brought to you by Penguin.
*For fans of Fearne Cotton’s Calm and Matt Haig’s Notes of a Nervous Planet*
From leading Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Sarah Vohra, comes The Mind Medic – a tried and tested method to improving the way you feel, using your 5 senses to help you along the way.
The Mind Medic offers expert advice and easy-to-follow exercises on how to optimise your senses, including:
· SEE: how to see beyond the negative to reframe thought patterns
· HEAR: how to create a space to listen and be listened to
· SMELL: how to use your breath to calm your spiralling thoughts
· FEEL: how to feel our emotions and understand the messages they send us
· TASTE: how to eat for your mind and discovering mood-boosting micronutrients
Dr Vohra debunks the myths and conflicting advice surrounding mental health, setting out a 10-week plan to equip you with the knowledge and strategies for a happier, calmer mind. With The Mind Medic, feel empowered with the knowledge to take control of your own mental health, the confidence to have honest conversations and the strength to seek support early.
© Sarah Vohra 2021 (P) Penguin Audio 2021
Inspiring. I’ve learned some very valuable practises from Sarah’s teachings including the “worry dump” which I find a daily help and is part of my toolkit and I’ve shared with my loved ones and they have got right behind it tooMelissa Hemsley, author of 'Eat Happy'
Dr Sarah is a light in a world which overlooks the importance of mental health, what she does is so importantJada Sezer, Model, Actor and UN Women Ambassador
Dr Sarah uses her medical expertise and years of experience to empower people with the knowledge and understanding they need to improve their own mental healthDr Alex George, A&E and TV Doctor, Love Island 4 Contestant
Dr Sarah is a leading voice in her field of psychiatry. She always promotes her message about self worth and acceptance in a practical and accessible mannerRenee Mcgregor, Sports and Eating Disorder Dietitian
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to get tailored content recommendations, product updates and info on new releases. Your data is your own: we commit to protect your data and respect your privacy.