The Wisdom of Bees
- Author Michael O'Malley
- Narrator David Holt
- Publisher Penguin Books Ltd
- Run Time 5 hours and 12 minutes
- Format Audio
- Genre Management and management techniques.
Listen to a sample
What to expect
Penguin presents the audiobook edition of The Wisdom of Bees by Michael O’Malley, read by David Holt.
‘It seemed to me that the bees were working on the very same kinds of problems we are trying to solve. How can large, diverse groups work together harmoniously and productively? Perhaps we could take what the bees do so well and apply it to our institutions.’
When Michael O’Malley first took up beekeeping he thought it would be a nice hobby to share with his son. But he noticed that bees not only work together to achieve a common goal but, in the process, create a remarkably productive organization, like a miniature but incredibly successful business.
O’Malley also realized that bees can teach managers a lot, identifying 25 powerful insights such as:
* Distribute authority: the queen bee delegates relentlessly and worker bees make daily decisions
* Keep it simple: bees exchange only relevant information
* Protect the future: when a lucrative vein of nectar is discovered, the entire colony doesn’t rush off to mine it
Blending practical advice with interesting facts about the hive, The Wisdom of Bees is a useful and entertaining audio guide for any manager looking to get the most out of his or her organization.
Published as part of the Penguin Portfolio series of business audiobooks.